Listed Below is a partial listing of our current searches. Please let us know of you interest in considering a new career opportunity. We initiate new searches for our clients weekly. Check back from time to time to view additions to these listings. Please contact Jeremy or Jim.
Jeremy Peterman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Peterman: email@example.com
Office phone: 802-253-6304.
V.P. Group LTD and Life Valuation and Financial Reporting
This well respected and growing group benefits insurer located in the suburban NYC area, has a need for a V.P. of long term disability valuation and financial reporting, due to an announced retirement. Starting salary target is $150K+ with bonus -$200K+.
Duties will include:
Report claim reserves for open and pending Long Term Disability (LTD) and Extended Death Benefit (EDB) claims
• LTD claim reserve analytics
• Active Life Reserve for level premium LTD plan
• Active life reserve determination for Level Term Life, Whole Life, and paid-up
• Incurred But Not Reported determination
• Claim termination rate study for LTD
• Recommend and implement reserve basis changes as needed
• Customer-specific reserve component calculation/determination
• Annual statement exhibits and schedules & annual tax reserve reporting
• Asset adequacy testing for claims reserve
• Reserve projections
• SOX/MAR control testing and documentation
• Special projects (as needed)
• FSA, or near FSA with 5 years of experience in group or individual disability and life insurance
• Prophet skills a plus
• Exceptional project management skills with a demonstrated history of success
• Strong modeling, analytical, and technical skills
Jim Peterman April 2020
Special Risk Accident Underwriter
We are seeing candidates to work with other company underwriters with the goal of ultimately managing the underwriting process for a variety of Group/Blanket Accident and Health product lines. You will utilize your skills in the follows areas: Risk assessment, pricing and quoting, renewals, brochure/policy review and financial analysis/reporting. Additionally, you will interface with carrier clients, third party administrators and brokers as well as with other departments within the organization. This is a position with high potential for growth and visibility within the organization for a candidate who wants to work on and manage multiple product lines of business. Strong focus on student health, participant accident, and business travel accident product lines. Salary of $100k+ for the right candidate. Call Jeremy for details. March 2020
V.P. Travel Insurance/Assistance Underwriting (Surplus Lines) - Mid-West Location
As part of the senior management team, this position will define underwriting strategy, recommend business plans that will generate profitable growth in current and new markets. Position will drive overall pricing, policy and procedures for the company’s insurance and service offerings. Products include group and individual travel assistance, and travel insurance (trip cancellation/lost baggage). This is a newly created position open as a result of recent growth and the entrance into new markets/distribution channels that assure continued growth. This is a high visibility position with opportunity for long term career growth. Surplus lines underwriting experience is required. Salary $180-200K. Bonus eligible. Relocation assistance to the Midwest office will be provided. This position cannot work remotely from home. Call or email Jim for details. March 2020
Regional Business Development Manager Specialty A&H Products
We are presently searching for an experienced regional sales manager for a growing specialty A&H division of a large multi-line insurer. The position will sell corporate accident, K-12/college, and participant accident plans through brokers, MGUs and TPAs within a geographic region. Company will write program business in addition to individual cases. Position will work with underwriting regarding execution of business development strategy and distribution channels. Work remotely from home, company is flexible regarding U.S. region location. Candidates will have established relationships with producers in the region and a successful sales track record. Salary can go up to $100K+ plus first year bonus guarantee. This is a newly created position with plenty of room for future income and professional growth. Contact Jim.
Group Medical Stop Loss Sales Opportunity Boston, Ma.
We are seeking a medical stop loss professional to market products throughout the Northeast brokerage community. Candidates must have solid technical knowledge of stop loss/self-funded coverage and the ability to travel as needed on sales appointments within the territory. Candidates can come from an underwriting, sales, or inside sales background as long as they have 3+ years of stop loss experience. First year target compensation is $125k+, which can be easily exceeded. Long term potential $225k+. North Boston location. Remote candidates within the Northeast territory will be considered with 10+ years of Medical Stop Loss sales experience and David Young system knowledge.
Interested in learning more? Call Jeremy 802-253-6304 March 2020
Benefits Account Manager – Brooklyn, NY
Manage, retain and grow an existing block of mid-size and large group employee benefits business. Develop and implement retention strategies to maximize account management effectiveness. Communicate, lead and influence others to achieve desired goals and objectives of annual sales plan. Job Requirements: Benefit analysis / plan design comparisons. Existing business retention calls & renewal presentations. Responsible for training, coaching and guiding others. Timely and thorough market analysis, comparisons and communication. Development and implementation of account management tools/techniques. Travel and entertainment in the tri-state market. Requirements: Proficient with health risk analysis,& product positioning. Proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint Excellent knowledge of the health insurance and ancillary market. College education with a dynamic spirit. 3+ years experience in the health insurance industry. Proven account management track record. Ability to work collaboratively across a larger organization. Salary $60k - $90k. Jeremy: firstname.lastname@example.org February 2020
Group Health Underwriter – Los Angeles, CA
The Group Insurance Underwriter will work independently with various business units, including sales, marketing and client services. The Underwriter will prepare proposals based upon properly analyzed rates and oversee proposals generated by the Underwriting team. Prepares complex and customized quotes for new and renewing group insurance plans in accordance with designated authority levels.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions include:
• Using assigned rate models, prepares proposal requests for large sized medical, life, and disability risks
• Focuses on complicated RFP’s
• Subject matter expert in an area of specialty: region of the world, a block of business, or a product.
• Working in collaboration with Sales, Actuarial and Management, determines whether to accept or decline risks in accordance with company guidelines
• Manage an assigned portfolio of risk and achieve profitability targets for the business as measured by loss ratio
• Works closely with sales reps to gather necessary information for quotes to generate product-specific proposals across all regions
• Records and maintains all prospects in CRM on a daily basis
• Drafts policies and final documents for sold cases
• Responds to questions from sales reps and brokers about quotes and benefits
• Works with the Enrollment Department to setup group and issue sold policies in a timely manner, including conducting peer reviews
• Assists Director of Underwriting on overseeing workloads and managing turnaround times within the department
• Updates manuals and materials related to insurance products
• Under the direction of the Director of Underwriting, gains experience in specialized areas and gains knowledge with regard to fronting relationships and seeks guidance and approval when evaluating RFP’s
• Provides oversight and training to the Underwriting Coordinators and Underwriting Analysts
Candidates should have 8+ years of experience in group health underwriting, with international underwriting considered as a plus. Starting salary will be in the $95- 125K range, plus bonus. Jeremy. March 2020
Compliance Associate- New York City
A growing L&H department of a large, multi-line insurer has a need for an addition to their compliance staff. Working with the General Counsel and Compliance Manager, the position will perform diverse compliance functions. Responsibilities include the set-up and maintenance of a significant volume of authorizations required for the company to conduct business in the US. Utilizing excellent communication and organization skills, the candidate will prepare and file quarterly and annual reporting prepared by accounting or actuarial (assessments, statutory financial statements, premium tax returns). Perform legal research and special project work regarding corporate compliance matters, as required. This position is involved with maintaining corporate certificates of authority, etc. and will not draft policy forms. Starting salary will be in the $85-110K+ range depending upon experience. QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of an Associate Degree. Bachelor's or J.D. degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years of relevant compliance experience; prior experience in an A&H insurance company preferred. P&C experience is also a match. Knowledge of basic legal processes, legal terminology, legal forms and legal research techniques. Strong PC skills, especially with respect to MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Call Jim Today. 802-253-6304. March 2020