J. R. Peterman Associates, Inc .
Listed Below is a partial listing of our current searches. Please let us know of you interest in considering a new career opportunity. We initiate new searches for our clients weekly. Check back from time to time to view additions to these listings. Please contact Jeremy or Jim.
Jeremy Peterman: email@example.com
Jim Peterman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: 802-253-6304.
Deputy General Counsel - P&C and Health Insurer - New York City
The position will have broad duties and perform many of the tasks now handled by the General Counsel as his corporate duties have expanded. Provide compliance guidance to underwriters, respond to stte insurance departments on market conduct,and coverage matters, draft and review confidentiality agreements, trust agreements, review advertising and corporate contracts. In addition to standard commercial P&C products and special risk A&H, the company is also involved in managing long tail liability exposures and acquisition and management of runoff liabilities for other insurers and re-insurers. Comppany will interview and on-board remotely. Salary will be in the $175-200K range, plus bonus.
A.V.P. Specialty A&H Underwriting.
Position will manage underwriting results by product line. Manage staff to achieve underwriting line of business profitability and growth goals. Work with compliance and actuarial on new product development. Participate in marketplace initiatives by regularly meeting with MGAs, TPAs, MGUs and insureds to present new and renewal business proposals and represent the business unit’s interests. Ensure underwriting practices are in line with regulatory requirements. Candidates will have significant special risk accident and health underwriting experience and underwriting staff management experience. Salary will be in the $130-160K range plus bonus. Position will work from home during the virus situation, and can work in the company’s New Jersey, New York, or Philadelphia office when the virus passes. Company will interview, hire, and on-board by video conferences. Jim. August 2020
Reinsurance Business Development Manager. Work From Home
We are working with the reinsurance division of a major carrier in identifying a business development manager to find new carrier and health plan reinsurance partnerships. This is working with existing stop loss medical carriers and also those looking to bring new stop loss products to market. Candidates should have 7-10+ years of healthcare and reinsurance experience and the ability to travel up to 50%. Base salary to $150k, incentive compensation up to an additional $125k. Strong candidates will have the ability to work remotely. Jeremy. August 2020
Senior Group Life and STD/LTD Underwriter-NYC Area
A major insurer, located in the NYC 'burbs, has a need for a senior underwriter for their group insurance division. The position will financially underwrite new and renewal life and disability coverages on a group basis. This position has potential for long term career advancement opportunities within this growing association group division. The company is a leader in this market.
Company provides an excellent benefit/vacation package, and starting salary will be in the $95-115K range plus bonus. Position can work remotely from home. Candidates will have significant financial underwriting experience with group life and disability products. Knowledge of claims stabilization reserves, and dividend calculations are a plus. Call or email Jim. 802-253-6304, email@example.com
V.P. Group LTD and Life Valuation and Financial Reporting
This well respected and growing group benefits insurer located in the suburban NYC area, has a need for a V.P. of long term disability valuation and financial reporting, due to an announced retirement. Starting salary target is $150K+ with bonus -$200K+.
Duties will include:
Report claim reserves for open and pending Long Term Disability (LTD) and Extended Death Benefit (EDB) claims
• LTD claim reserve analytics
• Active Life Reserve for level premium LTD plan
• Active life reserve determination for Level Term Life, Whole Life, and paid-up
• Incurred But Not Reported determination
• Claim termination rate study for LTD
• Recommend and implement reserve basis changes as needed
• Customer-specific reserve component calculation/determination
• Annual statement exhibits and schedules & annual tax reserve reporting
• Asset adequacy testing for claims reserve
• Reserve projections
• SOX/MAR control testing and documentation
• Special projects (as needed)
• FSA, or near FSA with 5 years of experience in group or individual disability and life insurance
• Prophet skills a plus
• Exceptional project management skills with a demonstrated history of success
• Strong modeling, analytical, and technical skills
Jim Peterman - Still recruiting for this one. August 2020
V.P. Travel Insurance/Assistance Underwriting (Surplus Lines) - Mid-West Location
As part of the senior management team, this position will define underwriting strategy, recommend business plans that will generate profitable growth in current and new markets. Position will drive overall pricing, policy and procedures for the company’s insurance and service offerings. Products include group and individual travel assistance, and travel insurance (trip cancellation/lost baggage). This is a newly created position open as a result of recent growth and the entrance into new markets/distribution channels that assure continued growth. This is a high visibility position with opportunity for long term career growth. Surplus lines underwriting experience is required. Salary $180-200K. Bonus eligible. Relocation assistance to the Midwest office will be provided. This position cannot work remotely from home. Call or email Jim for details. Position is still open. August 2020
Regional Business Development Manager Specialty A&H Products
We are presently searching for an experienced regional sales manager for a growing specialty A&H division of a large multi-line insurer. The position will sell corporate accident, K-12/college, and participant accident plans through brokers, MGUs and TPAs within a geographic region. Company will write program business in addition to individual cases. Position will work with underwriting regarding execution of business development strategy and distribution channels. Work remotely from home, company is flexible regarding U.S. region location. Candidates will have established relationships with producers in the region and a successful sales track record. Salary can go up to $100K+ plus first year bonus guarantee. This is a newly created position with plenty of room for future income and professional growth. Contact Jim. August 2020
Group Medical Stop Loss Sales Opportunity Boston, Ma.
We are seeking a medical stop loss professional to market products throughout the Northeast brokerage community. Candidates must have solid technical knowledge of stop loss/self-funded coverage and the ability to travel as needed on sales appointments within the territory. Candidates can come from an underwriting, sales, or inside sales background as long as they have 3+ years of stop loss experience. First year target compensation is $125k+, which can be easily exceeded. Long term potential $225k+. North Boston location. Remote candidates within the Northeast territory will be considered with 10+ years of Medical Stop Loss sales experience and David Young system knowledge.
Interested in learning more? Call Jeremy 802-253-6304 August 2020
Benefits Account Manager – Brooklyn, NY
Manage, retain and grow an existing block of mid-size and large group employee benefits business. Develop and implement retention strategies to maximize account management effectiveness. Communicate, lead and influence others to achieve desired goals and objectives of annual sales plan. Job Requirements: Benefit analysis / plan design comparisons. Existing business retention calls & renewal presentations. Responsible for training, coaching and guiding others. Timely and thorough market analysis, comparisons and communication. Development and implementation of account management tools/techniques. Travel and entertainment in the tri-state market. Requirements: Proficient with health risk analysis,& product positioning. Proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint Excellent knowledge of the health insurance and ancillary market. College education with a dynamic spirit. 3+ years experience in the health insurance industry. Proven account management track record. Ability to work collaboratively across a larger organization. Salary $60k - $90k. Jeremy: firstname.lastname@example.org August 2020
Group Health Underwriter – Orange County, CA
The Group Insurance Underwriter will work independently with various business units, including sales, marketing and client services. The Underwriter will prepare proposals based upon properly analyzed rates and oversee proposals generated by the Underwriting team. Prepares complex and customized quotes for new and renewing group insurance plans in accordance with designated authority levels.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions include:
• Using assigned rate models, prepares proposal requests for large sized medical, life, and disability risks
• Focuses on complicated RFP’s
• Subject matter expert in an area of specialty: region of the world, a block of business, or a product.
• Working in collaboration with Sales, Actuarial and Management, determines whether to accept or decline risks in accordance with company guidelines
• Manage an assigned portfolio of risk and achieve profitability targets for the business as measured by loss ratio
• Works closely with sales reps to gather necessary information for quotes to generate product-specific proposals across all regions
• Records and maintains all prospects in CRM on a daily basis
• Drafts policies and final documents for sold cases
• Responds to questions from sales reps and brokers about quotes and benefits
• Works with the Enrollment Department to setup group and issue sold policies in a timely manner, including conducting peer reviews
• Assists Director of Underwriting on overseeing workloads and managing turnaround times within the department
• Updates manuals and materials related to insurance products
• Under the direction of the Director of Underwriting, gains experience in specialized areas and gains knowledge with regard to fronting relationships and seeks guidance and approval when evaluating RFP’s
• Provides oversight and training to the Underwriting Coordinators and Underwriting Analysts
Candidates should have 8+ years of experience in group health underwriting, with international underwriting considered as a plus. Starting salary will be in the $95- 125K range, plus bonus. Still one opening here. Jeremy. August 2020